$15,000 in Student Project Grant Funding Available
Do you have a great idea for a tech project? Whether you are looking to create a personal finance app, a fine art installation, or a technology product, we are looking to help you make your tech ideas a reality. We have $15,000 in our funding pool, which means more funding to more student projects. We will award to three to five student projects that use technology in novel ways.
Our guidelines are pretty simple:
- You must be a student at The Ohio State University. Undergrad or graduate are both fine.
- If you also work at Ohio State, you cannot use resources at work to complete your project.
- You must apply on or before October 28 at midnight.
- You can request up to $5,000.*
- Your project should demonstrate a connection to technology.
- You, or a member of your team, must commit to giving at 5-10-minute project pitch at our student voting event on November 13. Voting at the conclusion of this event will act as a tiebreaker for our committee decisions.
- If selected for a grant, you will need to keep us posted. This means sending in monthly updates and photos, and presenting in the fall of 2019 on your progress.
Beyond our guidelines, the rest is fair game. The way technology manifests in your idea, if you work with others or by yourself, and how much money you need to achieve your vision*- that’s all up to you. Our only recommendation is to hone your project description and provide visuals or mock-ups to help the selection committee understand your concept.
- Once you have applied our selection committee will choose the top five projects to present at our pitch night on November 13. You will give a 5 to 10 minute presentation to your peers explaining your idea in more detail. The audience will vote and this will factor into the final selection of awardees.
Use this money to follow your passions, pursue your ideas and explore the possibilities that technology can have to reinvent your area of interest. Our application will close at midnight on Sunday, October 28. You can take a look at our past winners for inspiration.
Not quite interested in submitting your own project but want to see what others come up with? Join us for our pitch night, Tuesday, November 13 in Campbell 100.
*All requests are subject to evaluation by the Tech Hub grants committee. Grant funding will be determined after successful completion of the student voting event.